Tuesday 6 June 2017

#BookReview Moonbreaker by Simon R. Green @BerkleyPub #BookBloggers

Moonbreaker by Simon R. Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ride shotgun with a “James Bond–of-the-supernatural”* as the Secret Histories Novels take you careering through an alternate London where around every corner a new kind of danger awaits....

My name is Eddie Drood, aka Shaman Bond, the very secret agent. And I am a dead man walking.

I’ve been poisoned by Dr. DOA. There is no cure, no treatment, no chance of a last-minute miracle. So all that is left to me and my love, Molly Metcalf, is to track down my killer and stop him before he can murder anyone else.

So whether that means fighting a secret army on another world; or searching for a forgotten weapon in the Museum of Unattached Oddities; or facing off against Grendel Rex, the Unforgiven God, in the hidden heart of the Moon, for the terrible secret that is Moonbreaker...I will do whatever it takes, while I still can. Because the game isn’t over till I say it’s over—and I still have one last card to play.


***********

Moonbreaker may be confusion in the beginning for someone that has never read any books in this series before. Like me. However, then I started to get the hang of it, the concept of the story, learning more about Eddie Drood and the rest of the Drood family. And, I totally, utterly loved the book. It's non-stop action, and a completely over the top story, with a crazy powerful family with a lot of secrets, there is demons and angels, a sleeping God and then there are Eddie and Molly in the middle of everything trying to stop Dr. DOA, (Eddie's doppelganger from another dimension who has poisoned him), from destroying the world.

Eddie and Molly did remind me of Ishmael Jones and Penny from Simon R. Green Ishmael Jones series. But, that's not a bad thing since I love that couple. Eddie and Molly have the same fun banter and close bond that Ishmael and Penny have and that made me really love this series.

Moonbreaker is a fun book to read, and I enjoyed every second of the story. I mean I just ordered the first book in the series, that's how much I liked this book! 

It's not easy to start with book 11 eleven in a series, but this one was not hard to get into. And, if you like me, like books with a lot of action, banter, artifacts, magic, and creatures, etc, then you will love this book!

I want to thank the publisher for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review!

No comments:

Post a Comment